A Letter From Our Pastor
I am so glad that you are looking at visiting us at Mt. Gilead! We are excited to have you and will do all we can to make you feel welcome and like family. Mt. Gilead is a church where you can come as you are and just be yourself. We don’t expect you to dress or act any certain way. Just come and enjoy the service!
We understand that people are in different places in their journey of faith and we will do all we can to help you in your relationship with God. We believe that he desires a relationship with each of us more than anything else and we put a premium on knowing Him.
I would love to get to meet you personally, and answer any questions you might have. We are here to serve and to help you in your journey of faith. Please let us know if there is any way that we can help you.
-Pastor Tim Loomis
Beliefs and Values
1. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the head of the church. Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, born of a virgin, and is both fully God and fully human. He died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin, and that He physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and one day will physically return.
2. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
3. We believe that there is one true God, creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Only those who turn from sin to Jesus in faith and repentance will be raised to eternal life. Those who do not turn from sin and to Jesus will be raised to eternal separation from God.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Our Lord Jesus Christ, that through faith in the person and work in Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
8. We believe that all should have the right and privilege to interpret the Scriptures.
1. Be Biblical
Pastor Tim encourages our congregation to check what he teaches against God’s Word. He uses scripture to back whatever he teaches because the scriptures are the written Word of God.
2. Encourage our attendees to grow in their Faith and Practice that Faith.
Work hard! Dig deep! Large numbers are great because it means that people are being reached for Jesus. But we also realize the importance of Discipleship and we try to challenge our people to grow in their spiritual life through study and prayer. We also believe that part of that growth should be in service to the Glory of God!
3. Be authentic….always!
No one likes a fake. We encourage our people to be genuine. Don’t put on a front to impress. We are all broken people who have been redeemed by a loving God. We are not perfect but we DO love Jesus with all our hearts!
4. Be creative to be effective.
We like to think outside the box. If there is a better way to reach people then we are all about it. We LOVE creativity and embrace things that work! It is all about getting out the message and we work hard at it!
5. Live like Jesus is your KING!
When we have membership classes this is emphasized. “You represent Mt Gilead but far MORE importantly, you represent Jesus! Act like HE is Lord of your life!” It is important to us that we represent Him well!
6. Have fun.
Not real heavy on theology, but hugely important! Let others see your joy! Let them see who you are and how God made you. Enjoy each other. We like to say around here that “We take Jesus VERY seriously……..ourselves.not so much! ”
7. Church is Family.
We truly try to live this out. Family doesn’t always agree, they sometimes see the faults and problems that we have. But at Mt Gilead we are aware of the Grace God has bestowed on us and we try to pass it on! We truly enjoy being together and we think it shows!
8. We are here to heal the hurting and find the lost.
We truly want to be that church where people can come and not fear being put on the spot or being judged. We want to first introduce them to Jesus and then help them grow in their relationship with Him! We want those who are hurting to be able to heal and those who are weary to find rest. We want the lonely to find love and those in despair to find hope. You see, we know the secret! His name is Jesus!
9. Be a good steward! Not only our finances but in every part of our lives and our church. In our use of volunteers, in the expenditures, in our giving in our time management and in all of our efforts.