In 1967, Mt. Gilead adopted the following statement of faith:
1. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the head of the church, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
2. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
3. We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all should have the right and privilege to interpret the Scriptures.